I’m aware that it’s January 9th. I just wanted to take my time to ensure I actually put some real thought into my resolutions. Why post them on these interwebs? Well, I think it might be a bit more likely that I’ll follow through with these if they are available to the public. So enough mindless banter (in no particular order):
In 2009 I want to…
- be sitting in my new apartment, in NYC (hopefully Brooklyn), with Tessa, celebrating our 1 year anniversary on (or before) March 14th.
- make a little money. Not a lot, but enough to not worry about it on a day to day basis like I currently need to.
- find a way to either make my current job more interesting/fun or to find a different job that fits those qualifications.
- make sure that whatever job I end up with actually has good benefits (to quote Homer: “mmmmmmm [health insurance and 401k]…”)
- start to pay back a chunk of my debts.
- pay off my credit card, and then do the “freeze it in a block of ice” idea. No, really.
- take dance lessons with Tessa.
- read (and enjoy) a few of those books on my reading list.
- actually take some kind of vacation, no matter how brief.
- finally kill this blog (and domain) after 5+ years. It doesn’t make a lot of sense any more.
- get down to Atlanta to see my brother at least once, but hopefully more than that.
- investigate the feasibility of grad school (informatics? information systems? pottery?).
- continue to be informed about the news and politics.
- scuba dive at least once (preferably some place with warm water).
- go camping in the Thousand Islands.
- make a point to take more pictures. Good pictures. Bad pictures. Just take pictures.
Just bought a new laptop and it should be here by the end of next week when I get back from NYC. I’m headed down to see my girlfriend again…yes, yet again. This is my gift to myself for graduating from college. 7 days and 6 nights with my girl…can’t wait!
Here’s the specs of my brand new Dell XPS M1530:
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.4GHz/800MHz FSB, 3M L2 Cache)
- Tuxedo Black Casing
- 4GB of DDR2 RAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms)
- 15.4 inch Wide Screen WXGA+ TrueLife LED LCD with 2.0 MP Camera
- 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Microsoft Windows Vista with SP1 Home Premium Edition 64-bit Edition
- 8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive
- Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N Mini-card
- 6-cell (56 WHr) Lithium Ion Battery
- Finger Print Reader
- Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (2.0+EDR)
Needless to say I’m extremely excited! :)Â I’ll post some type of review with screen shots once I get a chance to get it all set up and fine tuned.
it only takes one look
one wine tour
one glass of wine
I find myself smiling more often
since you have come into my life.
This is no easy feat you have managed.
You ask why I stare?
I cannot help but to find myself
lost in the depths of your beauty.
If only you could possibly see through my eyes.
I find myself feeling anxious when
your face crosses my mind.
In the same instant I am nervous and happy.
Nervous because I have to worry,
that I donâ€™t make you nearly as happy as you make me.
Nervous because I want you to know,
that every single day I am thinking about you.
This is at once overcome by the happiness that you bring.
The way you laugh melts my heart.
Your smile makes my heart stop.
When our lips touch
I have to remind myself to breathe again.
Imagine waking from a dream,
only to find yourself in a better place and time.
It is a serenely disorienting experience.
When I awake and see your beautiful face
resting there on my chest,
and I feel your body tangled around mine
I know all of this is going to be ok.
December 11th. December 11th at 11AM I will finally graduate with a bachelor’s of science degree in psychology. It’s been a long journey. Let me repeat that (I’m starting to sound like Joe Bidden). It’s been a VERY long journey. I’m not going to get into details because if you don’t know what I’m talking about then you don’t need to know.
So what’s going on? What’s the plan? I plan to move to New York City in the very near future. That would obviously imply that I’ll need to find a place to live, and I’ll need someone to employ me as well. These are all things I’m still working out as we speak. The wheel has been put in motion, and now I’m just hoping its momentum will promptly lead me to where I want to be.
So why New York City? The better question would be: why not? The intelligent reply would be “because it’s absurdly expensive”. Well yes, it is. Fair point actually, touchÃ©. Ignoring this minuscule stumbling block I’ll answer the “so why New York City” question instead I guess. “I [have] to go and see about a girl.” That would be part of it. I’ll keep the sappy details to myself, but I’ll just say that she’s the girl of my dreams. She makes the little things in life extraordinary. The other significant reason for this move will be because, quite simply, I need to get out of Rochester. Excluding my brief stay (2 1/2 years on and off) at Vassar, I’ve never lived in a different place. It’s definitely time to fix that.
So that’s the deal. What’s left to do? Minor things, ya know. I need to graduate (which includes finishing my finals), find a job, find a place to live, and then actually move down to NYC. Wish me luck!