I’m aware that it’s January 9th. I just wanted to take my time to ensure I actually put some real thought into my resolutions. Why post them on these interwebs? Well, I think it might be a bit more likely that I’ll follow through with these if they are available to the public. So enough mindless banter (in no particular order):
In 2009 I want to…
- be sitting in my new apartment, in NYC (hopefully Brooklyn), with Tessa, celebrating our 1 year anniversary on (or before) March 14th.
- make a little money. Not a lot, but enough to not worry about it on a day to day basis like I currently need to.
- find a way to either make my current job more interesting/fun or to find a different job that fits those qualifications.
- make sure that whatever job I end up with actually has good benefits (to quote Homer: “mmmmmmm [health insurance and 401k]…”)
- start to pay back a chunk of my debts.
- pay off my credit card, and then do the “freeze it in a block of ice” idea. No, really.
- take dance lessons with Tessa.
- read (and enjoy) a few of those books on my reading list.
- actually take some kind of vacation, no matter how brief.
- finally kill this blog (and domain) after 5+ years. It doesn’t make a lot of sense any more.
- get down to Atlanta to see my brother at least once, but hopefully more than that.
- investigate the feasibility of grad school (informatics? information systems? pottery?).
- continue to be informed about the news and politics.
- scuba dive at least once (preferably some place with warm water).
- go camping in the Thousand Islands.
- make a point to take more pictures. Good pictures. Bad pictures. Just take pictures.