- How Brain Death Works -In this edition of HowStuffWorks, you’ll learn about the diagnosis of “brain death” and how it compares with coma and cardiac death.
- IE 8: On the Path to Web Standards Compliance – The IE dev team checked in a bunch of code that included several new features implemented in the core rendering engine that enable IE to pass the ACID 2 test!
- Why are INI files deprecated in favor of the registry? – Why are INI files deprecated in favor of the registry? There were many problems with INI files.
- MailStore Home – MailStore Home keeps all your valuable e-mail messages in one persistent and safe place. Lightning-fast search, one-click backup, powerful export.
- Encrypted thumb drive and autoplay How To – encrypt your thumb drive for added security.
- Quickly Eject USB Gadgets with USB Disk Ejector – If you find yourself ejecting a number of USB devices before shutting down, USB Disk Ejector might be worth checking out.
- Snorting a Brain Chemical Could Replace Sleep – In what sounds like a dream for millions of tired coffee drinkers, Darpa-funded scientists might have found a drug that will eliminate sleepiness.
It’s been another busy 2 weeks or two, but I’ve managed to find some interesting links to share. The link I’ll talk about is the “snorting a brain chemical” link … this sounds very very interesting, but I am sure it will turn out that some horrible side effects will show up as a result of not sleeping. It’s pretty widely accepted that we sleep for a very good reason. That reason might be memory consolidation or some type of brain repair (or countless other suggested ideas), but the underlying point is that it’s important. Either way, as they mentioned in the article, this won’t be available for humans for at least another 10 years anyways.